Our offer - your prospects
Our state-of-the-art bachelor’s degree programme in Tourism Management will qualify you for challenging positions in the tourism and service industries. Our aim is to provide you with the skills to master the daily management tasks involved in the exciting work of the tourism industry, to implement projects and solutions competently, and to fully utilise your expertise in the workplace.
Our bachelor's degree programme in Tourism Management provides you with the following:
- a solid grounding in the principles of business administration
- expertise specific to the tourism industry
- an understanding of methodology
- intercultural skills
As the academic programme with the greatest instructional breadth and depth among tourism programmes in Germany, we offer you a comprehensive range of courses with many interdisciplinary options.
We maintain diverse international academic relationships and collaborative practical training programmes. This means our students have many opportunities to spend a semester abroad and can make use of close contacts to industry, e.g. within the scope of seminars, case studies, and thesis work.
We are also active in applied research, which enriches our curriculum and ensures that we keep pace with the latest developments in the field.
The bachelor's degree programme qualifies you for positions in middle and senior management with the following types of employers:
- Tour operators and travel agents
- Organisations, associations, and governmental bodies related to tourism
- Tourism destinations
- Transport and mobility services (bus, rail)
- Air transportation companies (airlines, airports)
- Management of conventions, trade shows, and events
- Hotels and resorts
- Catering services
- Holiday and leisure centres
- Health resorts and spas
- Management consultancies
- Other areas within the service sector
The bachelor’s degree programme also provides the academic foundation and practical training for further study in a subsequent master’s degree programme. Our three-semester master’s degree programmes in both Tourism Management and Hospitality Management qualify you for challenging professional and managerial positions in the tourism industry.